April 22, 2011

Life of Wilder: Week Twenty-One

Happy Easter!
Well, call me stupid but the consensus from last week's question is that Wilder is in fact not five months old until next Tuesday, the 26th. Oh well. I don't know all the technicalities of this baby stuff. But at least I've got that figured out now... it only took me (almost) five months :) 

Having Paul gone this week has been pretty hard but not as hard as I thought it would be. I mean, for the most part I'm with Wilder by myself all day even when Paul's in town so not much has changed. I just miss being able to wind down with him at night and the occasional morning play time that he takes over so I can nap. The first half of the week did suck though because I was still sick from last week. It started out as an awful sore throat and then turned into horrible congestion. My nose was literally running off my face. I don't know if it was a cold or just allergies, but luckily Wilder didn't catch it. That would have been the worst: being sick and taking care of a sick baby too. 

Anyway, let me back up to last weekend before Paul left. Friday I got an email from a children's boutique that I love in South Park saying they were having an Easter egg hunt on Saturday and the Easter Bunny was going to be there. Sidenote: I'm totally grossed out by mall Santas and Easter Bunnies -- germs from all the other little kids they've been holding plus you never know who's under that costume -- so even though I really wanted Wilder's picture with Santa over Christmas there was no way I was handing my four-week-old over to a germ-ridden possible ex-con at the mall. But I was determined to get one with the Easter Bunny and, since I knew this store's bunny was going to be one of the girls that works there and I'm about 99% sure she doesn't have a record, that's what we did on Saturday. I texted my dog park friend and told her about it because she lives in South Park and I thought she might want to get her daughter's picture too so she met us there and we ended up going to lunch with her afterwards.

On Sunday Paul went with us to Gymboree and we had such a great time. He actually really liked it and Wilder loved having him there. He does the puppet thing way better than me so that was helpful. :) Even though I love going to Gymboree just for something different to do and I know Wilder loves seeing all the other babies there, we may have to be done with it after this month. Wilder still will not take a nap afterwards! He sleeps for 20 minutes on the car ride home and I guess he thinks that's enough but after all that singing and clapping Mama needs a nap too. It would be OK if the class was late in the afternoon and I could put him to bed a couple hours after but it's in the middle of the day so I have to entertain him for like 6 hours after it's over. It's super exhausting so I'm going to have to decide if the fun is worth the marathon afternoon that results from it. 

Paul left on Monday for New York and I was still sick so Wilder and I really didn't do anything Monday or Tuesday. On Wednesday I was feeling a little better so we met Amber and Henry in Newport Beach to hang out and stroll around for the afternoon. It was a gorgeous day. We walked around the cute little bay area and then took the ferry to Balboa Island and ate lunch. 
Balboa Island was super cute and had some 
beautiful houses and landscaping...
I took this one to show Paul. 
Definitely not your typical beach house.
Some of them may have gone a little overboard on the 
Easter decorations though. Yeah just a little creepy...
Wilder and I always have a great time 
hanging out with Amber and Henry.
Oh, and Wilder got to swing so of course he was a happy camper :)
I guess he was teething a little because all day he was 
chewing on his dinosaur Wubbanub. On the way home he 
was so pooped that he fell asleep with its foot in his mouth :)

Even though we got home pretty close to his bedtime, since he had been in the stroller for most of the day, I let him stay up a little while to play before bed. I don't know whether he was delirious from exhaustion or maybe he really missed the dogs while he was gone, but I got the cutest video of him laughing his head off at them. They weren't even doing anything that funny, mainly just lying on the floor behind me, but he was totally cracking up at them. I absolutely love this video. This is what I call pure joy.

Like I said last week, and obviously from that video, Wilder is totally loving Rider and Posey. I think the love is contagious because they have been extra sweet to him lately -- letting him pull their fur, grab their faces, and cuddling up to him whenever they get the chance. I mean, how sweet are these pictures? :)

Since Paul's been gone I've been letting the dogs sleep with me this week. Sleeping in the bed is Posey's heaven so this is what I've been waking up to every morning. This dog is so ridiculous...

Last week I mentioned that Wilder is usually super laid back but that he can get a little attitude sometimes. Case in point: He is totally obsessed with rolling. He will not lay on his back for more than half a second without trying to roll onto his stomach. But, for what it's worth and for obvious reasons, I have a rule that there is no rolling on the counter when I'm trying to get him ready for bath time. Of course, he doesn't understand "no" yet so I end up having to hold him down with one hand while undressing him with the other. 

He gets SO mad! Can you say AT-TI-TUDE?
And then I'll give up and roll him over onto his belly myself and, in an instant, he's perfectly happy watching the water running. I kid you not, these pictures were taken 5 seconds apart... Crazy baby.

Here are a few more cute pictures from this week...
Trying to sit up in the tub like a big boy
Apparently Rider thinks Wilder's play mat 
is her own personal canopy bed haha

All I know right now is this bunch is looking forward to a certain daddy coming home tomorrow! :) Maybe I'll do a Mid-Week Minute about his NY trip. Anyway, y'all have a fabulous weekend and a Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for visiting!