October 15, 2011

Life of Wilder: Week Forty-Six

If you look closely at that cheesy, 
crooked grin, you can see all
six of Wilder's teeth. Such a big boy!

Wilder and I have had a pretty fun week. My mom went back to work on Monday so I've intentionally planned stuff to get us out of the house and keep us busy. 

We finally went over and used our gift certificate at Mags & Lulu. Jackson people, y'all should check out their store! They have such cute stuff and reasonable prices. I got Wilder this Zutano outfit, which is so colorful and fall-ish and sooo soft and comfy, as well as a super soft Kicky Pants shirt and the cutest sweatshirt I've ever seen. Wilder enjoyed playing with the toys on the floor while I shopped. I'll definitely be stopping back in on future trips to Tennessee. 
Speaking of shopping, my mom and I had to go buy Wilder some new pajamas the other day because he's outgrown the ones I brought for him since we've been here. The next size up has grippy feet because apparently, even though I'm in denial of it, my tiny newborn infant son will be walking on his own two legs soon. He seems a lot more excited about that than I am. I do love these cute pj's though :)
Wilder has been in boy heaven the whole time we've been here. There are always machines around that he needs to work on and fun stuff to ride on. There's even a tractor in Grana's backyard that he can ride to in his wagon and sit on whenever he wants. He doesn't even have to get dressed to do it. I'm fairly certain this is what he wants for his birthday.
Or a Ranger...
Pretty please, Mama?
Wilder has also been enjoying getting to spend time with his cousin, Gracie. She is 15 months and thinks she's his little mommy. She tries to help him do stuff, pick him up (even though he weighs almost as much as she does), and the other day she tried to check his diaper, haha. It is so cute seeing them together and we've been able to get some great pictures of them.
My grandmother with her two great-grandchildren
Peekaboo
 Sweet cousins
 Getting some lovin' from Gracie
whether he wanted it or not :)
Like I said, we've gotten some great pictures of them together... But this is not one of them, haha. Although I have to admit it's pretty hilarious. 
Thursday afternoon Wilder and I drove to Memphis to have a playdate with my good friend, Megan, and her 14-month-old son, Mason, at the Memphis Botanical Garden. It was so beautiful and it had a great children's section. The weather was perfect and we had such a great time playing and strolling around. I would definitely recommend checking it out if you're looking for something to do in West Tennessee. 
The boys were absolutely thrilled to have 
their picture taken, as you can see
Again, totally thrilled, I'm telling you
 Flower beds, get it?
 We fed the fish and it got a little crazy
Today we went to Donnell Century Farm with Jinny and her kids. Oh my word, that place is SO cool! There was a petting zoo, a corn maze, hay rides, huge tires to play on, "cornboxes" (like sandboxes but filled with corn kernels instead of sand), a slide made out of a huge corrugated pipe, a cotton gin filled with cotton that you could play in, and more that we didn't even get to. It was such a fun afternoon. If you're in the Jackson area and you have kids you should definitely take them there. 
The slide was awesome
Me and my bestest friend
Of course, I had to stop along Hwy. 70
on the way home and get some cotton
field pictures. Wilder may have been
born in California but he's a country
boy at heart :)
I also had to stop and take a picture of this. Oh 
Tennessee, how I love you and your tendency
to combine businesses that don't go together.
This is tied with the Army-Navy Store/Tanning
Salon for my all-time favorite.
Oh, and here's a video of Wilder crawling just because I think it's so darn cute.
Well, that's it for Week Forty-Six. We'll be back in San Diego for next week's post. It's going to be hard to leave my mom but we're ready to get back home to our normal routine and to Paul. We've sure been missing him. We Skyped with him the other day on my phone so he and Wilder could see each other. The next morning, Wilder saw my phone sitting next to me, grabbed it, and held it up to his face yelling Dada! Dada! over and over into it. I'm pretty sure he thinks I banished Paul into that little black box... So yeah, I think it's time to mosey on back to our side of the country. Alright guys, hope everyone has a great week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for visiting!