January 14, 2011

Life of Wilder: Week Seven


It's going to have to be a short post this week because, frankly, I'm exhausted. Paul started back to school on Monday so I've been home alone with Wilder every day and until after 8:00 most nights. I've been blessed that this is only the second week I've had him by myself so far -- besides Paul's exam week during Week 3 we've had visitors and Paul's been on break the whole rest of the time. I'm slowly getting used to juggling laundry, cleaning, and baby. Paul says he doesn't expect me to do anything but feed Wilder and nap all day (sweet man), but I can't just sit at home surrounded by dirty clothes/dishes and Rider hair covered floors and not do anything about it. I know I'm supposed to nap when he naps but I'm a little too OCD to sleep if my house is dirty. I did go to bed at 8:00 last night and it felt awesome. Maybe I'll try that more often. 

Another reason I'm so worn out is that, as you know from my last post, Wilder decided late last week that he needed to eat every 2 hours. I felt like he was probably going through a growth spurt so I let him have his way but now I think he's just gotten in the habit. So this has been our routine all week and it's totally thrown us off his schedule. He's gotten so slow at eating too that he'll lollygag around for like 45 minutes and by the time he's finished I only have an hour before he's fussing to eat again. I feel like I need to create some kind of harness that I can carry him around in attached to me so he has constant access to food. It's getting to be a bit ridiculous and a lot exhausting. I've got to try to get him back on his 3-hour schedule because waking up at 12:00 am, getting back in bed at 1:00 am, waking up at 2:00 am, getting back in bed at 3:00 am, waking up at 4:00 am and so on is this girl's worst nightmare. What happened to the nights when I could sleep 13 hours at a stretch? Now all I want is to get more than 2 hours of sleep in a row!

Don't get me wrong, it's totally worth it. If I have to wake up every other hour at night, what better consolation than to wake up to my sweet Wilder's precious face? I mean, look at this little angel :)


I just have to remind myself that it won't last forever. What a bittersweet thought... He won't always keep me up all night, but he also won't be a baby forever. As he continues to get bigger every week, I'm excited to see each next milestone, but it also breaks my heart that he is growing too fast and we won't ever get this time back. I have literally cried to Paul just thinking about how much he's already changed. 

Speaking of changing, we went for Wilder's 2-month checkup today. He did great; he was so happy the whole time and just smiled and cooed at the doctor as she examined him. I was so proud of him. Then the nurse came in and gave him his shots and totally ruined his day. Poor thing, I've never seen such a red face and he has never screamed so loud. He was totally traumatized the rest of the day. I felt so bad for him, but I'm pretty excited that now we can be a little less nervous about taking him to public places. Here's my happy boy pre-shots:

He weighed 11 lbs 4 oz and was 22.5 inches long! 

In other news, we had a great visit last weekend from Amber, Travis, and Henry. It was so special to see Henry and Wilder together. I can't wait for Wilder to be old enough to play with his cousin. The play was a little one-sided on Sunday, haha :)


Henry is just too cute and it's so fun and crazy to see where Wilder will be in just a few months. Here are some more pictures from their visit:






After my epic fail of a baby photo shoot a few weeks ago I've been a little hesitant to try again. We have a really nice camera though that Paul uses to photograph architecture models so I got him to show me how to use it and finally worked up the courage to give it another shot. I may have just gotten lucky, but I don't care because I got some great pictures of Wilder:






One last bit of news. I'm sooo excited... we booked a flight for Wilder and I to come back to Tennessee to visit the first week in March! I'm pretty nervous about traveling with him by myself but I cannot wait for all of our family to meet him. It's going to be such a great week!

Well, I guess it didn't turn out to be as short a post as I thought. Anyway, everyone have a terrific weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for visiting!