August 3, 2011

Mid-Week Minute: Mini Banana Pancakes

I am not good at making pancakes. This has been an established fact in our household for years and I fully accept it. Yet, for some reason, I decided to get creative and make Wilder some mini banana pancakes. I found the recipe on WholesomeBabyFood.com (an awesome site for all kinds of information on healthy foods for your baby) and it sounded like something he would love. Plus it sounded easy. But, as we've already discussed, I suck at the art of pancake-making. So it was not easy for me. But it probably would be for other people so that's why I'm posting the recipe here. Let me know if any of you more adept pancake makers try it and get more attractive results than I did (which shouldn't be too hard). I'd like to be able to add a photo of what they are really supposed to look like to the post.

Mini Banana Pancakes for Babies (and Adults)

Ingredients
Bisquick pancake batter made 
according to package instructions
(I halved the batter recipe 
but you could probably even 
cut it to a 1/4 because you 
won't need all that much)
1 or 2 bananas, ripe but not mushy
Instructions
Slice banana(s) into disks and dip in pancake batter to coat. 
Cook in a skillet however you would cook pancakes. 

You all would know better than me, I'm sure, but I heated a skillet to med-high heat then cooked the little pancakes two at a time, first in butter but it burned off too fast and then switched to canola oil spray, which worked better. Also, you might want to make the batter a little thicker than it would normally be because it ran off the banana slices a little.
Notice the burned butter in the pan...
I'm awesome at this.
Quirky but cute (and delicious)
As you can see, they didn't turn out to be the prettiest girls at the party but they tasted soooo good anyway and luckily babies usually don't care what their food looks like and Wilder, in particular, will eat anything he even suspects to be food so I will definitely be making them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for visiting!