October 11, 2010

Oh My Aching Back!

I've been lucky so far. The only pregnancy-related health problem I've had up to this point has been the first 6 weeks of awful morning sickness. That was pretty bad, but I knew it would end soon. However, what I'm experiencing now I see no end to until the baby is born. For the past week and a half I've been having the worst back pain I've ever felt. It's not like a muscle pain that you can soothe with massage or a heating pad; it's a sharp pain in my lower back to the left of my spine and it hurts when I walk or put any weight on my left side. 

It's gotten pretty excruciating and I'm so frustrated with it because I want to keep exercising and I have so much left to do before the baby arrives but just about every movement is super painful. I don't know exactly what's causing it, but I do know that the baby's head and torso are on my left facing my right side so maybe he's pressing on a nerve or it's just the added weight to that side? Whatever it is, I'm tired of it and I can't wait 6 more weeks to get some relief. I've decided to call tomorrow to make an appointment with a chiropractor. I've never been to a chiropractor and I'm wondering if any of you have and if it helped? I'll take other suggestions for relief too if anyone wants to contribute! I'm even wondering if there's any way to shift the baby into another position... yes, I'm desperate!

In other news, we finally have a changing table and another corner of the nursery set up. Here's a picture. Man, those curtains still look chartreuse... I promise they're not! Grrr! I'll have to get a picture in the daytime without the flash.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Emily! It sounds like your little one is sitting on a nerve! My new little one, due in Feb, did this for about two weeks and it got so bad, I could barely walk. My obgyn recommended physical therapy, but he moved before my appt so I never ended up going. I called my obgyn, made an appt and then took it from there. I am so sorry!! I know it is MISERABLE. Mine hurt from my back all the way down my leg...I don't know if he is sitting on the same nerve, but they said Cooper was sitting on my siatic (sp??) nerve. Hope this helps a little!!! The nursery is adorable!! Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Thanks for visiting!