October 15, 2010

TGIF

My prenatal massage yesterday was exactly what I needed. She propped about a dozen pillows under me and, for about an hour and half, worked out all my tension and stress while I lay there practicing my visualization techniques for labor. She really concentrated on the sore spot on my back and managed to work out a lot of the stiffness around it. Although I still had pain in it afterwards (since it's not a muscle pain), I felt more relaxed and more mentally equipped to deal with it. I've been in a much better place ever since... more calm and just soothed in general. I even slept better last night than I have in months! So I went ahead and scheduled another one in two weeks and plan on having them every couple of weeks until the birth. They even offer labor massages and I'm seriously thinking about taking them up on that. 

I would definitely recommend a prenatal massage, or a series of them, to anyone who is pregnant. When had regularly, they have been shown to reduce prematurity rates, provide shorter and less painful labors, and fewer days in the hospital following delivery. They also reduce postpartum depression. You can read more about the benefits here.

Today is a great day because it's Friday! Going to work has become increasingly difficult, partly because of the pain in my back, but mostly because I just sit there thinking about all the other things I could be doing or need to be doing. But after today I only have three weeks left and that makes me really happy! Don't get me wrong, this has been one of my favorite jobs I've ever had but I'm ready to have some time to rest and finish preparing for the baby, both mentally and domestically. :) 

I'm also happy today is Friday because my cousin, Amber, and her husband and 8-month-old little boy are coming down from LA for a visit on Sunday. We haven't seen them since the 4th of July and we are so excited to see how Henry has grown and get to play with him. 

That's all for now. Hope everyone has a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for visiting!