August 31, 2010

The Perfect Nest

Paul and I and the dogs just got back from our first walk around the neighborhood. It's pretty different from our other neighborhood. There is a higher concentration of houses and apartments and a lot more businesses and restaurants. It feels more like living in a city and we like that. There's definitely more "people" noise like I mentioned last time but it really makes the area feel alive. For example, there is a Lutheran church at the end of our block and we get woken up at 8:30 every weekday morning to the sound of the kids playing at the church's daycare. But really it's such a happy noise we don't care; we actually kind of like it. Hey, it's a heck of a lot better than freeway noise and it makes me excited to have a kid of our own soon. 

We are loving our new house! We both say "I love this house" at least twice a day. It works so well for us. We put the dog bed in the back mud room with a baby gate between it and the kitchen so during the day we leave the back door open and let them run in and out of that room while we're away. It really makes us enjoy the dogs more too because, since the house is so much larger, they aren't constantly underfoot when we're here. In the other place, Rider was beginning to think her name was "Move" as in "Move out of the way!" Now they have a big (for San Diego) yard to run around in and more space inside so we aren't constantly getting onto them or tripping over them. They really seem to like it too. It has new, really thick carpet that Rider is in heaven laying on and Posey, much to our dismay, has discovered a new love for digging in the yard.

They love the new house, but not as much as they love cuddling up to my belly :)

Speaking of the belly, we had our 28-week appointment with our midwife today. I've now gained 15.8 pounds (eek!) and she said the baby's heartbeat sounded good and that it felt like he was head-down. I could have told her that, since I've been feeling his little foot under my ribs for the last week or so. I had to do the dreaded glucose test at this appointment and drink that nasty orange liquid. I'm not going to lie, it was pretty awful. I'm not a huge sugar fan and that drink was ultra-sugary and thick. 

I'm excited though because now we get to start going for appointments every two weeks instead of once a month. I love going to my midwife and talking about the baby and everything that's going on, and that also means we're getting closer to seeing our sweet Wilder. We're anxious to have another ultrasound but I don't think we will until probably the last few weeks I'm guessing. So we're planning on going back to Babies First Ultrasound to have another 3D ultrasound done in the next 4-6 weeks. I can't wait to see him again!

In other news, we're looking forward to heading back to Tennessee again in three weeks. We're planning on seeing a lot of people, including our good friends Patrick and Alicia who have just announced that they are expecting! Also, I'm super excited because my best friend Jinny is throwing Wilder a baby shower while we're there. I've been getting a lot of cryptic text messages from her asking weird questions so I can't wait to see what she has up her sleeve for this party :) 

1 comment:

  1. Just love the house! You guys are too, too cute. And that sweet Posie looks so comfy. Can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks. Much, much, love to all "three" of you... Lovie

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Thanks for visiting!