February 25, 2012

Lessons Learned from My One-Year-Old

By the time I was 12 I thought I knew everything there was to know about life. Over the next 15 years I discovered over and over that I had been sorely mistaken. But by the time I was 27, I had graduated college, gotten married, and lived in three different states. I thought for sure I had life figured out. So how is it that there were so many important lessons I never learned until someone just over a year old taught them to me? How can our children show us so much about a world that we have lived in much longer than they have? 

Wilder has taught me that good friends are almost as vital to life as food and water...
He has taught me to be open to new people and experiences and to step outside my comfort zone...
Our Instagram friends, the Statsons
(pardon Wilder's I need a nap NOW! face)
He has taught me the importance of constantly reading and learning...
He has taught me to nourish and cherish important relationships...
He has taught me to seek out fun and adventure...
He has taught me to not freak out over messes...
And maybe most importantly he has taught me to not take life too seriously...
I'm so lucky to have this tiny wise man in my life.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Janelle from renegade mothering...your son is so cute it hurts a little. How do you stand it?!

    Great blog.

    And I totally get you regarding the whole "knowing it all by 12." MAN. I knew everything for so long, until of course I had a kid and realized I knew nothing. Then I had to start over, learning.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Thanks for visiting!