December 7, 2011

Flat Tad's California Adventure

My little 6-year-old cousin Tad's class at school read a book about a boy who (somehow - not sure of the logistics of it) got flattened and apparently mailed himself around the country on adventures (?). Anyway, the point is that, inspired by this book, Tad's class made flat versions of themselves and mailed them to family and friends who live in other states. The family and friends were asked to send a brochure or other information, pictures, etc. back to the class as a fun way for the kids to learn about different states. 

The letter that came with "Flat Tad" also mentioned that in the past some people have even sent a picture of the flat student in front of a famous landmark, etc. in their state. I thought that sounded like fun so the other day Wilder and I took "Flat Tad" to visit the zoo, Balboa Park, and the Embarcadero and took pictures of him in front of various items of interest. And then real Tad lucked out because I'm obsessed with my new computer and all it's programs that are new to me so I made this to send to his class:
OK, I may have gotten a little carried away but I had fun doing it. When my mom found out I had actually taken the picture of Tad to all those places she was like Oh, I thought you had just Photoshopped him onto pictures you already had. Then I felt kind of silly because I guess I could have done that and nobody would have known the difference. But, oh well, Wilder and I had a good time playing tourists for a couple of hours. :)

Hope everyone is having a great week!

3 comments:

  1. We love this SO MUCH! It is even more special, knowing you and Wilder spent some quality time together doing it for Tad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! This is too cute! You are so sweet, and so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww thank you Alicia! That's so nice of you :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Thanks for visiting!