May 2, 2012

Chicken and Spinach Lasagna in the Crockpot Recipe. Cooking Win. (Blogging Fail.)

Yes, I realize how pathetic it is that I'm already resorting to a recipe on Day 2 of the challenge. I clearly didn't think this Blogathon through. I promise to do better tomorrow?

Also, I really hate posting recipes without pictures but I'm going to make an exception this one time because I've just got to tell you about this amazing, easy dish. It's chicken and spinach lasagna... get ready for it... in the crockpot. And it is divine and sooo flavorful -- Wilder gobbled it up! But most importantly, it's pretty easy. My friend, Brittany, passed it on to me a while ago and I just got around to trying it last week. It made a lot and I ate the leftovers for four meals in a row because it was just that good. So here you go. You can thank me later. Or invite me over when you make it ;)

Crockpot Chicken and Spinach Lasagna

Ingredients
1 10oz. frozen chopped spinach thawed 
(I used about 1 1/2 cups of chopped fresh spinach)
3 cups chopped cooked chicken
2 10oz. packages refrigerated alfredo sauce
(I used one jar of Bertolli alfredo sauce)
1 can cream of mushroom soup 
1 cup chicken broth 
1⁄2 tsp. pepper 
4 cups (16 oz.) shredded Italian cheese blend divided
(I think it could have used 1/2 to 1 less cup of cheese.
And I'm not usually one to skimp on cheese.)
9 uncooked lasagna noodles 
1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
Directions
*Note: I cooked three chicken breasts in the crockpot for 2-3 hours (started on high and then turned to low for the last hour) so that they shredded up really nicely for the recipe. I also seasoned them with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and basil to give the dish a little extra flavor.
If using frozen spinach, drain it well, pressing between paper towels. 
Stir together spinach, chicken, next 4 ingredients, and 3 cups Italian cheese blend in a large bowl. 
Spoon 1⁄4 of chicken mixture into a lightly greased crockpot. 
Arrange 3 noodles over chicken mixture, breaking to fit. 
Repeat layers twice. 
Top with remaining chicken mixture and 1 cup cheese. 
Cover and cook on low 3 1⁄2 hours or until noodles are done, mixture is bubbly and edges are golden brown. 
Uncover and cook on low 30 minutes. 
*Note: Mine was done after 2 1/2 hours but I think I have a hot crockpot. You may want to watch it after about the 2-hour mark. 
Sprinkle with basil.
Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for visiting!