November 30, 2011

12-Month Checkup

Happy End-of-NaBloPoMo to meeeee!!

We went to Wilder's 12-month doctor's appointment this afternoon. It doesn't seem possible that it has been a year since we were there for our first appointment. Wilder weighed 7 lbs. 4 oz. and Paul and I were sleep-deprived and wondering what we'd gotten ourselves into. 
Wilder and I got dressed up to mark the occasion :)
Today, my big boy weighs just under 25 lbs. and is 30.5 inches long. Both are 75th percentile. He was so good for our doctor who we love and she was impressed with his words and pointing and showing her where his nose is, which is a new thing and so cute :) 
Then came the vaccinations, which were pretty awful this time. They included two shots in each leg and a finger prick. NOT fun :( He fell asleep on the way home and hadn't had a good afternoon nap earlier so I drove around for an hour letting him sleep. Then when we got home he was still pretty fussy and I felt sorry for him so I allowed this to happen...
We leave one cabinet in the kitchen unlatched that he's allowed to dig in and make a mess but it's never to this extent. It sure perked him up though. I guess sometimes taking your anger out on inanimate objects just makes everything better. 

I just love my sweet one-year-old :)

2 comments:

  1. Emily...I love the mess and how you said "We let this happen" lol that was hilarious! What a fun idea to let his curiosity and adventurousness grow by being aloud to dig through cabinets of hidden items.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Thanks for visiting!