November 21, 2011

A Lazy List

I have a confession, y'all. I hate to say it but I'm really struggling with NaBloPoMo. It's so close to the end and I really want to stick it out but I have so much else on my mind and so many other things I need to be doing between the time Wilder goes to bed and when I finally crash that it's really hard to think of something worthwhile to say, stop what I'm doing, and sit down to write every night. So, here's a random list of things... 

1. It's Monday.

2. I'm very extremely excited for my mom to get here tomorrow! 

3. I'm going to get a hair cut tomorrow while my mom babysits. Another confession: I use being busy with Wilder and other various excuses to not get my hair cut but really I just hate getting my hair cut and avoid doing it until it's really out of control and I just can't stand it any longer. 

4. I'm extremely excited for Wilder's birthday weekend! The party is shaping up and the weather is supposed to be great. I'm wrapping his presents tonight, which is so fun. :)

5. I have been to the grocery store no less than 5 times in the last week. And I'm not extremely excited about that.

6. I picked up a copy of Dr. Seuss's Happy Birthday to You! for Wilder's birthday and when I got home realized it's dedicated "To the Children of San Diego County". I'm so glad I found that for his first birthday and possibly the only one that he'll spend in San Diego.

7. I turned my back for two seconds today and this happened...
My more attentive readers will remember that I have said previously that we do not put the toilet paper on the holder for this exact reason. But I didn't want to make our babysitter the other night think we were heathens so I put it on the holder and then forgot about it until it was in a 20 foot long pile on the floor. We're having so much company over the next week but I think they'll just have to think we're heathens because I will not make that mistake again.

8. On that note, people have already started asking me when we're going to have another baby. So let's just get it out there -- it's going to be a while. Barring any surprises, probably at least four years. I completely understand the logic behind having them close in age, but we've just decided that's not what we want to do. 

9. Now I'm going to spend the rest of the night wrapping presents while watching a movie with my hubby. 

Goodnight!

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm..... There's a photo tucked away somewhere of a certain soon-to-be Birthday Boy's daddy when he was about the same age. It's strangely similar to the one you posted. Seems your little rascal adopted his love for decorating your home with TP from PT. Relish & enjoy these adorable moments. They'll be memories of long ago... way too soon.
    ~ L

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that your sense of humor comes through so clearly in your blog. Trying to figure out what NaBloPoMo means.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Thanks for visiting!