November 14, 2011

Busy Bee

My to-do lists, yes I said lists - plural, look like this...
Therefore, I will not be writing much of anything tonight. But I will share with you some of the things I've crossed off those lists in the last couple of days.

I made this t-shirt last night for Wilder to wear at his party. I saw a similar one for sale on Etsy and decided I could make it myself. I tweaked the design to fit the party and I have to say I'm pretty proud of how it turned out.
Wilder and I took a trip to Ikea this afternoon. I love Ikea with all my heart. I want to live in Ikea. Their stuff is so awesome and cheap. I was looking for supplies for the food table at Wilder's party and I totally scored. I snagged that stainless steel serving bowl for $4.99, the large glass serving bowl for $2.99, and the small glass serving bowl for $1.99. Those are no dinky glass bowls either, they are nice and heavy. I also bought the fabric underneath (it looks dark in the picture but it's navy and white) to use as a tablecloth. Unlike the dishes, it wasn't cheap but it was perfect. I spent 20 minutes trying to decide if, after seeing this fabric, I could live with the crappy plastic tablecloths I'd already bought and the answer was a resounding and regretful NO. But, I figured what I saved on the serving dishes made up for it ;)
Also, I received the airplane cookie cutter that I had ordered in the mail today and I can't wait to start making airplane cookies for favors! They are going to be so cute and hopefully yummy. 
Oh, and I also got some better pictures of the invitations...
I've got about 78 projects in different stages of completion right now but this party's coming together slowly but surely. I should also probably be thinking about Thanksgiving, seeing as how I'm hosting it and everything, but that's kind of on the back burner. I mean, Thanksgiving happens every year; you only have your first child's first birthday once in a lifetime. 

1 comment:

  1. Jealous you have an IKEA close by. I want to live there too.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Thanks for visiting!