November 13, 2011

Thankful Sunday

I posted last Sunday about things I am thankful for so I've decided to make it a weekly thing for the month of November. 

1) I am thankful to have gotten a lot done on Wilder's birthday party over the last week. Still SO much to do but I have a direction and know what has to be done over the next two weeks. Lists are my best friends these days. 

2) I'm thankful that Paul was home yesterday and got to spend all day with Wilder. With his school being so crazy this quarter, it's a rare day that he doesn't have to go in at some point during the day even on weekends.

3) I'm thankful that my mom and dad gave Wilder one of those recordable storybooks last Christmas. It's so special now to be able to sit down with Wilder and hear my dad's voice reading to him. 

4) I'm thankful that the inspiration came out of nowhere today to build a pillow play gym with the couch cushions for Wilder. He climbed all over that thing for an hour this afternoon and thought it was the greatest thing ever. 
5) I'm thankful that Paul updated my iPhone last night and I now have some really handy new features.

6) I'm thankful for Cookies 'n Cream ice cream. Yum! I'm also thankful that it's gone now so I can stop eating it.

7) I'm thankful to be able to see our families in a couple of weeks and that they will be here to help us celebrate Wilder's birthday. I'm especially thankful that my brother and his wife are able to come because they've never been out to visit before. It means so much to me that our loved ones will be here for this special time.

What are you thankful for today?

3 comments:

  1. Emily,
    I am thankful for YOU.

    Wishing you a blessed Thanksgiving ~ filled with countless blessings (& lots of turkey, too!) =)
    Loving you,
    L

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea! I feel if we all think of just a few things each day we have to be grateful for, it helps us move on and resolve those things in our life which could use improvement.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Thanks for visiting!